What is Websearch.homesearch-hub.info?
Threat Type: Browser hijacker
Risk Coefficient： High Level
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Window8.
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Websearch.homesearch-hub.info belongs to vicious browser hijacker created with the intention to control the web browser to perform vicious actions. So many computer users hacked by this infection with carelessness. Like they just download some free resources from web sites, share some files with others, or just update some applications, even just visit some unfamiliar web sites. Hence, you need to be cautious, the computer will be infected with the virus if you don’t use it normally.
Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is Really Hazardous
2) It may come along with other computer threats.
3) It will change your default browser and the home page to be its own one.
4) It will redirect web searches on the web browser to other unrelated web sites.
5) It may arouse lots of irritating pop ups.
6) It could trace and record your browsing habits.
7) It may help cyber criminals to trace and steal personal information stored on the computer.
8) It will slow down system performance.
Websearch.homesearch-hub.info Removal Instructions
Method 1: Getting rid of Websearch.homesearch-hub.info manually
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Amazon Smart Search:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, and delete all infected files of Websearch.homesearch-hub.info:
%UserProfile%\[random].exe %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random] %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\[random].exe %System%[random].exe
Step4. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager and stop all Websearch.homesearch-hub.info running processes.
Step5. Delete all related registry values of Websearch.homesearch-hub.info in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random] HKEY_USERS\.DEFUALT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ControlSet001\Services\svflooje\Enum\[random]
Method 2: Getting rid of Websearch.homesearch-hub.info automatically
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Start a full and quick scan with SpyHunter .
4) Remove detected threats.
Websearch.homesearch-hub.info can be considered as a browser hijacker. It can redirect your homepage when you are browsing some websites. Even sometimes, it can record your browsing habits and then it will steal your important information. Hence, you should remove it when you find it beginning to infect your computer.
The manual way of removing Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is full of hazard and risk. If you are not an expert on computer program, you are advised to install Anti-Malware program SpyHunter rather than use manual way to remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info. SpyHunter can remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info automatically and it can guard your computer. Therefore, installing SpyHunter can be your best choice.